HOW TO USE YOUR FIRE BLANKET
- If it is safe to do so, turn off the heat.
- Pull the tabs on the bottom of the fire blanket packaging simultaneously. A sharp pull will remove the blanket from the sleeve.
- Fold the blanket over your hands to make sure they are protected.
- Carefully place the fire blanket on top of the flames. Don’t throw it – this can feed more oxygen to the flame.
- When you’re putting the blanket down, cover the fire with the closet edge of the blanket to stop the fire travelling up the material and burning your hands.
- Once you’ve covered the flame you can turn off the heat (if you haven’t done so already).
- Leave the blanket on the fire for at least 30 minutes to make sure it has been suffocated.
- Leave the room and call your local fire department.
- Have a professional assess the fire site to eliminate the chance of reignition.